Monday 15 February 2016

Where Is She now?....What Has She Done With Her Life?

So social media has helped grow and evolve this blog (thank you, thank you and thank you again. Words would never be able to explain my gratitude for the love, support and appreciation everyone has shown #lifeluveverything.) Social media has also allowed me to meet alot of different people and one of them being the extraordinary Hilary Coombes.

@hilarycoombes and I have become great friends. We've talked about our posts, what we are working on (or thinking of working on), and our families. She has always championed me on from the moment she read my first post. About a little less than a year ago @hilarycoombes said that she was working on a book. I had also been toying with the idea of starting a book but wasn't sure how to go about it and she helped me out with some tips.

Well last week @hilarycoombes let me know that her book had just launched. I was so super stoked for her (still am, you guys should definitely go out and check  The Hen Party )

But in my elation for her, a sort of nostalgic feeling came over me...and it was a sense of what am I doing with my life?

Sometimes I really feel like I have become a waste of space, an oxygen thief. Alot of the time I feel like I am drowning (hell since I am being so open and honest, I've been having heart palpitations which are on the verge of panic attacks), because life just seems so overwhelming. (Does anyone else feel like this?) It also makes me think about the post I did of the Nicki Minaj song "Dear Old Nicki" (check blog post dated Sunday 1 November 2015 http://www.lifeluveverything.blogspot.co.za/2015/11/music-corner-nicki-minaj-dear-old-nicki.html )

Now look I have come to grips with the fact that as you get older things change, people change etc. I get it. But surely at my age I should be at some sort of settling point in my life. Either know where I'm going and how I'm getting there or damn well be on that path already!

But...nothing. I love doing this blog and I play around (in my head, sometimes on paper) with concepts, topics etc, but time just gets away from me, ALL THE TIME. I have the idea of going to study, something, anything. Even went online once to check out courses but that was the beginning and end of it.

My days consist of work and my nights consist of cooking, feeding my family, trying to spend a little bit of time with my family, watch some mindless tv (just to switch my brain off) and sleep. So you can understand why I feel like a hamster on a wheel.

Then I look around me at the people I know (coz for some reason I don't have much friends these days) and I see how much people are evolving, growing, prospering, maturing and achieving. And I always wonder what do people think of me when they see me (yes it's none of my business to know what people think) but still.

I mean me of past was the most vibrant person you could've found, the life of the party, the social butterfly, the one with the BIGGEST hopes and dreams, the one who would "make it."

So where is she now....what has she done with her life?

XOXO T.




*Accreditation: https://twitter.com/HILARYCOOMBES
*Accreditation: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hen-Party-Hilary-Coombes-ebook/dp/B01BCVQ2ES/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455189699&sr=1-1&keywords=hilary+coombes




No comments:

Post a Comment