Friday 19 February 2016

Music Corner - Aka - "Baddest"

You know how I love these Music Corner post because they mesh my 2 favourite things: writing and music (whoop, whoop!!)

So I go to thinking that I definitely have to plug more local artists (and by local I mean South African!) And here in S.A we have a saying "Local is lekker" (Afrikaans saying loosely translated to local is nice!) And who better to kick off our local spin than the biggest selling South African hip hop artist, the rap legend that is Aka!!! (And the crowd goes wild).


He has quickly become a legendary hip hop artist in South Africa, hell in Africa baby! He is even making waves in the rest of the world! (He just got home from the USA.) And although of late there have been so many controversial issues surrounding him (which we are NOT getting into because we only promote positive vibes here on #lifeluveverything) and besides this is all about the music...


E! News recently did a special about him (you definitely better go "Catch Up," "Google," "You Tube," whatever, to see the episode), because as big a fan of his as I am, even I learned some new ish about him watching that special.

But I must be quite honest that although I did listen to his music and had heard about him I wasn't really a fan. My fanship started about a year or 2 ago when my husband had the pleasure of meeting him (I'm so jelly now!!!) and after that (till this day, I kid you not) my husband can't stop talking about Aka or playing his music. So in my household its team Aka all the way, eeryday.

Now Aka has a ton of hits here back in SA, but my  personal favourite (although a bit old now) has to to be "Baddest" (which also features a host of other hip hop artists). You can find me cruising in my car on any given day and the first song on my playlist is this.

This song is just on a whole other level. The beat is sick, the lyrics are dope and the sound is unlike any you've ever heard. He deserves an MTV Music Award for it (although he did win a MAMA for one of his other songs.)

Yo Aka "You got me feeling like the baddest...."

XOXO T

No comments:

Post a Comment